On February 6th China will celebrate the Lantern Festival. The Lantern Festival celebrates the reunion of families. Isn't that just perfect! That is Ruthie Joy day!!!
We have our trip planned. The excitement will start in Beijing at New Day. This is a dream come true for me. For a very long time I have wanted to visit all of our friends and love on the precious children and babies being fostered there. In addition to being at my most favorite place in the world, Kari, our Chinese friend and her mother will join us at New Day. Kari is an amazing woman who lived with us last year. She left to return to China in May. Kari is like a daughter to us. I have never met Kari's mother so I am looking forward to spending time getting to know her.
We fly to Shanghai on Sunday and Monday morning is RUTHIE JOY DAY.
After spending five days in Shanghai, we will leave for Guangzhou. AND THEN, you are not going to believe this!!! we meet up with our dear friends here from our town. They started out on their adoption journey around the time we did. Their daughter, Willa, is waiting for them in Wuhan. Only God could have orchestrated such a perfect plan. We will spend the last week of our trip with our friends from here and friends I have met online who will also be traveling. I CANNOT WAIT I CANNOT WAIT I CANNOT WAIT!
I am busy packing and washing Ruthie Joy's clothes. Our weight limit is only 44lbs. When you are packing for two different climates that is very difficult. I know less is better, but it doesn't seem that way from here.
The other big job on my list is making a book for our sitter ~ an Instruction Manuel, because I am confident that I have all the answers. LOL!!!! I am so grateful she is willing to watch our children. I know they will be very well taken care of and loved. My mother will come and take over caring for the children the last part of the trip and welcome us home.
It's going to be a full week! I am so grateful to be on this journey and overwhelmed by God's precious gift to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blessings







2 comments:
Congratulations, we were in Shanghai in January of 2011 to get Lauren (6) and I know how exciting and nerve racking it is as you tie all your loose ends for travel. Blessings to you all.
Ashley are you ready?!?! So happy for you, so hoping to meet up, so anxious all around!!!!! Big hugs, Mary
Post a Comment