Friday, September 5, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Faith



Faith turned ONE on August 27!  This little girl has stolen our hearts - especially mine.  Faith is a baby at New Day Foster Home which is  a private orphanage in Beijing China. New Day takes in special needs children from the country run Chinese orphanages.  Through contributions and other avenues they are able to offer these precious children surgery and a lot of care.   I love New Day and one day when I retire that is where I want to work.
The Decision to Sponsor Faith
I could not decide who to choose so I sat at my computer with tears flooding my face.  I wanted to sponsor ALL OF THEM - and of course charter a jet and pick them ALL up!  NOT because I have what it takes to be a mother 50 children but because I love children.   Anyway, I kept clicking on a picture of another sweet little girl.  When I would click this little girl's picture  Faith's picture kept coming up instead.  I really did not care who we sponsored, I was just concentrating on my lack of computer skills and confusion.  I did it at least three times until I finally realized Faith would be the baby for us!  Sorry God, I am a little slow to hear and SEE!  Anyway, New Day allows us to send care packages and letters -  YEAH!  AND every month we get an update on how well she is doing.

We are always praying for Faith's forever family and that she would know Jesus.  What a delight it has been!

On Faith's birthday I had no doubt her Foster Mother and New Day would celebrate -   I told the children we would also have a birthday party.  The day of the party I realized I should have explained the details of the party.  Grace was very disappointed when I explained that we were not actually going to China to her actual party.  In order to distract the drama of a 5 year old I announced  we would have cake for dinner!  The children were shocked! In my nine years of motherhood I have never suggested something as wild as that!   We loudly sang Happy Birthday, (perhaps she heard it in China) blew out the candle and then had cake for dinner!  It was so much fun.  That night was a Great Sugar High on an empty stomach.  
Sadness Sometimes Looms
I know we will not be able to adopt Faith but I would love to have her as my daughter.  I think the children and Skip feel the same way.  It is one of those prayers that is difficult to pray because of the selfishness behind the desire.  I do know that His plan for her life is much better than mine.    I do pray that someday I can hug this precious little girl.

The greatest thing is that at only one year old Faith in her beautiful yellow dress knows what every little girl should know and that is  she was born a princess.  You can see it in her face wearing her beautiful birthday dress.

3 comments:

connorcolesmom said...

Ashley,
I am so thankful you posted pictures of her!
She is just beautiful :)
I sit here in tears as I look at the picture she is holding of your kids and the pictures of her in her little yellow birthday dress
She is definitely God's princess and what an impact you have made in her life :)
Love you
Kim

Stonefox said...

Elizabeth told me about your site (I've been here before), and I just had to comment on your sponsered child, Faith.

One of my friends here overseas sponsored a little special needs boy for three years. Then she got the word that he had found his forever family. A year later, at an overseas conference, she found out that he had been adopted by other overseas workers, within the same organization that she worked! I know both families and it is just amazing how God led through the circumstances for this little boy to be sponsored by someone who is now a family friend. The boy loves his sponsor and they still have a very special relationship.

Who knows what God is doing and where He is leading? And who knows what relationship you will have with Faith and her forever family.

I'll be remembering you all...

Carla said...

I too love New Day and have had the pleasure of meeting Doug and Janice Bush. :) So glad to stumble upon your blog through Goodmum and Three Channels....I have 2 blogs going, but our own China Adoption blog will be going less public at 1 year post-placement.

I can not wait to do the entire journey again either! :)

Blessings

Blessings